If you have a disability that would prevent you from applying for any of the positions listed, please contact Hillerich & Bradsby Co., 800 West Main Street, Louisville, KY 40202. Attention: Human Resources.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and support nondiscrimination in employment and practices on any basis including gender, race, ethnicity, veteran status, religious affiliation, age, disability, national origin or any other legally protected status.
Position: Retail Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Sales Director
this Position: Retail Assistant Manager (2), Retail Sales Associates (10-20)
Please send resume to email@example.com
Manage all aspects of the day to day operations of the Louisville Slugger Museum Store. Select, train, coach and pilot customer care standards of the retail staff providing world class customer service. Accountable for cash handling procedures and inventory integrity within store. Responsible for scheduling and maintaining staffing levels to meet the needs of the business seasonally. Provides and preserves daily, weekly and monthly reporting back to the organization. Participates in physical inventory of store and warehouse.
• Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work as well as tasks.
• Develops store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training the right employees.
• Maintains store results by coaching and counseling employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Achieves financial objectives by reviewing and adhering to annual sales and labor budget; outlining daily and weekly staff goals; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers delivering on all service requirements.
• Ensures availability of merchandise. Works with Retail Director and Product Manager to insure in stock inventory in store at all times.
• Help create, implement and maintain merchandising and space planning standards on a daily basis.
• Secures merchandise and company assets by following all LSMF security systems, activities and measures.
• Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
• Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements, company policies and marketing direction.
• Attend industry related trade shows as needed.
• Team player within the retail department and companywide.
• Promptly fulfill/place PER orders (phone and email) accurately and timely
• Responds to customer complaints and/or comments
• Resolves employee complaints or issues
• Motivates and encourages sales team to increase sales and ensure efficiency
• Responsible for all direct to consumer product orders from Museum Store
• Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree; equivalent work experience or a combination of both.
• At least five years related work experience managing in a retail environment or gift shop.
• Minimum 3-5 years managing, coaching and training a high performance retail staff.
• Goal oriented and results proven with regards to sales, staffing and profits.
• Exceptional customer focus and intuitiveness when problem solving with regards to customer satisfaction.
• Practicable application and daily use of POS systems and MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and Access).
• Strong merchandising, visual presentation and developing product assortment/concepts.
• Purchasing skills desired but not essential.
This document describes the position currently available. It is not an employment contract. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
Competencies Required For This Position:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Two Core Competencies for All H&B Employees:
Sportsmanship – Achieves greatness by living the values of team sports which includes self-confidence, hard work, dedication and treating others with respect.
Business Expertise – Knows their business; has technical expertise and skill. Understands this industry; its standards, practices and processes. Demonstrates mastery of required job-related knowledge and mastery in performing essential job requirements. Understands the relationship of their business unit to Company.
Job Specific and Management Competencies:
Creativity/Innovation – Generates and/or recognizes imaginative or creative solutions. Is open-minded. Exhibits constructive, non-traditional thinking. Demonstrates initiative, and the ability to find information or solutions needed for assignments or projects. Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas.
Organizing Skills – Puts resources or processes into logical, comprehensible and aesthetically pleasing order. Can plan events, tasks or processes in well-ordered manner. Attends to all details. Seeks and finds all resources needed to successfully implement a task, event or plan, bringing all together into an organized and well-executed endeavor.
Presentation Skills – Expresses self well in presentations to group. Conveys information eloquently. Connects with audience. Has a professional demeanor and strong “presence”. Exhibits composure under pressure while in the spotlight.
Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of status. Reacts well under pressure. Accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments. Exhibits passion and excitement for their work. Is positive and vigorous in actions. Maintain optimism through ups and downs; bounces back undaunted.
Time Management – Spends time on what is important. Comfortably delegates tasks and responsibility. Produces excellent results despite time restraints. Capable of managing and prioritizing both everyday details and broad level, longer term responsibilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.