To apply for any open positions, please visit our career portal.
Position: Museum Team Member- Part Time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports To: Department Manager
Position Summary: Depending on strengths, skill set, and interests, summer team members could do a variety of front-line positions including cashier, tour guide, sell tickets, or attend to guests in our batting cage.
• Give six to eight guided tours of the Louisville Slugger bat factory each day while adhering to the standard tour script and maintaining an enthusiastic, dynamic approach to every tour.
• Sell tickets, work in museum store, assist with batting cages, special events and other guest services as needed. This includes but not limited to, after-hours events, and assisting with the theater.
• Present public programming, including costumed presentations, to museum visitors. This includes, but is not limited to, our World War II program, hand turning, nub decorating program, art and architecture tours and temporary exhibit specific programming.
• Provide top-notch interaction with all guests, in all areas of the museum, at all times.
• Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Strong communication skills
• Must have a professional appearance
• Knowledge of and passion for baseball
Position: Full-Time Tailer/Piler/Stacker
Location: Larimer and Norton Timber Mill - Galeton, PA 16922
Position Summary: This position is responsible for removing pieces from machines and forward or packaging material and otherwise assist machine operators.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Remove pieces from machines
• Place pieces on the proper pallet, roller, or conveyer
• Ensure pieces move on to the next station or process
• Assist machine operator as directed
• Performs preventive maintenance in the area
• Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
• High School Diploma
• Must be able to lift 75-100 pounds
• Ability to learn
Position: Accounting Specialist-AP
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Controller
Reporting to this position: 0
Position Summary: The Accounting Specialist-AP position is responsible for the financial processing of transactions for the organization. Duties include invoice processing and payment, accounting and record keeping, financial reporting, and the preparation of records for financial audits.
• Process vendor PO and Non-PO invoices, vendor credit memos, and expense reimbursements.
• Ensure that invoices have proper management approval and correct general ledger account coding.
• Maintain vendor digital invoice database within NetSuite.
• Process weekly check runs, sort and match invoices to checks, mail checks to vendors.
• Create, set up, edit, and maintain accurate vendor records and tax forms.
• Maintain good vendor relationships.
• Research outstanding vendor checks, follow up regarding payments issued and resolve invoice discrepancies.
• Prepare month end payables accruals by department and company for financial statement inclusion.
• Reconcile monthly corporate credit card accounts to general ledger postings for calculation of deferred GL balance.
• Maintain vendor sales and use tax accruals for return preparation.
• Administer QuickBooks for ESOP plan including vendors, bank activity postings, check issuances, and bank reconciliations and reports for CFO approval.
• Prepare annual vendor 1099’s and electronic filings.
• Backup to Staff Accountant for journal entry creation and posting to NetSuite.
• Backup to Accounting Specialist-AR/PR on credit dept functions.
• Assists Controller and CFO with various departmental projects and external audits.
• Other duties as assigned.
Competencies Required For This Position:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Sportsmanship – Achieves greatness by living the values of team sports which includes self-confidence, hard work, dedication and treating others with respect.
• Business Expertise – Knows their business; has technical expertise and skill. Understands this industry, its standards, practices, and processes. Demonstrates mastery of required job-related knowledge and mastery in performing essential job requirements. Understands the relationship of their business unit to Company.
• Adaptability/Flexibility – Maintains focus and positive attitude amidst change or under pressure. Ability to modify and shift behavior as situations or objectives evolve. Demonstrates open mindedness. Accepts and embraces shifts in job or organizational structures. Maintains productivity in spite of changes.
• Analytical Skills – Interprets and digests complex systems, issues, or problems. Creates insightful and comprehensible reports on findings. Devises methods for improving processes.
• Administrative Skills – Capably handles functions such as word processing, filing, file management and telephone communications. Higher level computer skills as needed. Handles travel, meeting, or event arrangements.
• Customer Focus – Able to listen to and understand as well as meet the needs of external and internal customers and business partners. Gives customer’s needs priority and follows through. Builds positive and fruitful customer relationships. Does not allow internal company issues or personal feelings to interfere with customer service.
• Negotiation Skills – Is comfortable bartering, asking for concessions directly and forcefully while maintaining rapport. Successfully closes negotiations achieving best possible outcomes for Company. Creatively approaches negotiations, generating potential non-monetary concessions or inclusions.
• Interpersonal Communication – Relates well to people both verbally and in written form. Expresses self well one-on-one or in groups. Builds rapport up, down, sideways, inside and/or outside organization. Ably resolves conflicts; confronts or asserts with strength, tact, and diplomacy. Provides clear directions and information people need to know. Is timely in communication. Listens well. Maintains confidentiality of information.
• Minimum 3-5 years of AP experience.
• Associates in Business Finance or Accounting is required.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to perform detailed analysis and problem resolution.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices including an understanding of general ledger accounting and postings.
• Ability to prepare journal entry accruals for month end close.
• Experience in preparation of both internal and external audit materials/schedules.
• Ability to analyze and interpret financial reports and data.
• Intermediate working knowledge of Office 365 including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Knowledge of vendor compliance.
• Knowledge of sales tax on vendor purchases.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines. Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
• NetSuite knowledge is a plus.
• Experience working with confidential information and maintaining confidentiality.
• Ability to work occasional overtime as needed.